- Provide the student with an orientation to the practicum site, policies, procedures, and ethical standards including those related to confidentiality, liability, etc.
- Provide the student with a safe work environment that encourages learning.
- Outline student expectations and provide ongoing feedback.
- Possess knowledge and skills to supervise student appropriately and does so only within his or her areas of knowledge and competence.
- Maintain an educational relationship with the student whereby the student is accountable to the supervisor for all aspects of his or her work.
- Assign appropriate and variable activities related to the student’s learning needs/competency level.
- Report concerns related to the student’s performance/behavior to the Placement Liaison.
- Model ethical practice and refrain from inappropriate behavior toward the student (e.g. verbal abuse, sexual harassment, dual relationships).
- Complete the student evaluation form at the end of the practicum and submit it to the Placement Liaison at end of the work term.